Interested in investing in cannabis? A few things you should know
If you’re new to the investing game, investing in cannabis is an uncertain area. Most of the companies are fairly new with no solid history to reference so how do you know where to put your money? So cannabis is a tricky place – even for seasoned investors.
Here are a few things you’ll want to know before you blow your ‘date night fund’ on getting into cannabis.
Questions to ask before you invest
- What info can you request from a company prior to investing?
- What are some questions should you be asking?
- Is there a benefit of investing for a day versus long term?
- Who sits on the company’s board of governors and how do you get that info?
- What are some red flags to watch out for?
I’m joined by Tonya Hoke, Founder and Managing Director of Galen Diligence. Tanya has worked with investors in the cannabis industry since 2015 and has more than a decade of experience managing investigative due diligence for clients.
In this episode we’re talking about some of the things you need to know before you even start to invest and some great tips on what to look for in a company or stock. Tune in!
- For general coverage of the cannabis industry: Marijuana Moment and the Boston Globe
- For important coverage of equity and integrity in the industry, follow Amanda Chicago Lewis, who writes for publications like Rolling Stone Magazine
- For coverage of public cannabis companies, MarketWatch is a good source