What is gut health and why is it considered your second brain?
In this new series, I am chatting with Monika Tupholme (Moni) who is a Functional Nutrition and Fitness expert. What does that mean? It means she knows a whole lot about our guts so you’ll want to tune in. Today we’re going over the basics and we’re learning some interesting things such as:
- Did you know your gut is considered your second brain? (It’s amazing what Netflix can teach you). Two brains are better than one!
- How much water should you really be drinking on a daily basis? Bet you think it’s 8 glasses!
- Is sugar the devil? Not necessarily but before you load up your latte, you’ll want to know how to make sugar friend, not foe
- Feeling bloated? Here’s what you need to watch for
- Holy hormone hell! Even our hormones report in directly to our gut. Here’s how to balance those suckers out.
- What do you mean you’re not taking a probiotic??
Every week, Moni and I are going to delve into the gut health so please join in to learn more -especially if you’re in your 40s or further!
Monika (Moni) Tupholme BSc., PT, PN, FN is the founder of The 3M System To Rev Your Over 40 Metabolism
Performance Nutrition, Metabolic & Fitness Expert, Mom, Athlete
Follow Moni on Instagram @monika_tupholme #MojoMoni and join her Facebook page to learn more.
Monika Tupholme (BSc., Biology, Chemistry, BioChemistry, PT,PN,FNC) has over 25 years experience as a personal trainer and in functional and performance nutrition. The 46 year old Mom of 2 works with with women in their 40s (and 50s) to reach them a new way to eat, train and recuperate, so they can achieve their health goals. She is the founder of The 3M System to Rev Your Over 40 Metabolism, an is also a former professional volleyball player.